Acupuncture and herbs have been used to promote and maintain good health for thousands of years and are the cornerstone of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM).
TCM focuses on health promotion, illness prevention and treatment through natural remedies such as acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine and tuina massage.
The philosophy and practice of TCM are:
- An emphasis on prevention.
- The call for natural, non-invasive medical approaches.
- An acknowledgement of the need to balance the physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of life.
- The changing role of the medical practitioner as the facilitator of a patient’shealth and well-being.
What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is an effective form of health care with a holistic and systematic approach. The body has many passages of Qi (energy that circulates along the body’s meridian channels) and the points where Qi is induced the most are called acupoints.
Acupuncture promotes natural healing power through stimulation of these points by placing fine and sterile needles at specific acupoints. It is a safe, painless, natural and effective way to treat a wide range of medical conditions such as:
- Back and Neck Pain / Headache
- Anxiety / Depression / Addiction
- Chronic Fatigue
- Digestive Disorders
- Menstrual Problems
- Skin Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Endocrine Problems / Infertility
- Sport Injury
- Cosmetic Purposes
- General Health Promotion
- Acupuncture / Cosmetic Acupuncture
- Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Tuina Massage / Acupressure
- Moxibustion / Guasha / Cupping
Do the Needles Hurt? Is it Safe?
Acupuncturists use extremely fine needles made of stainless steel. Five to tenacupuncture needles equal the size of one conventional hypodermic needle. Acupuncturists attain a high level of skill in gently placing these tiny needles into the skin with minimal or no discomfort. Once the needle is inserted, the patient may feel a tingling sensation or numbness of the area. Most patients feel calm and notice a high level of relaxation once the needles are all in place.
At Simcoe Place Health Clinic the safety of our patients is always paramount and thus all of our Acupuncture needles are sterile, used only once and then disposed of.
How Does Cosmetic Acupuncture / Cellulite Treatment Work?
The face contains an abundance of blood and Qi circulation and it is a representation of the internal organs. By using very fine needles, acupuncturists stimulate the blood and Qi circulation of the face to nourish, oxygenate and moisturize the skin from inside out. With increased circulation, the body produces more collagen resulting in:
- Minimization of fine lines and wrinkles
- Elimination of dark circles under the eyes
- Fewer acne scars
- Tightening of the skin around the chin
- Beautiful, glowing complexion
Cellulite is irregular fat deposits on women’s hips, buttocks and thighs, causing skin to be uneven. By using needles to enhance circulation and nourish connective skin tissues from within, cellulite is eliminated and the skin becomes smooth and firm.
Click here to book a free consultation with one of our TCM Practitioners