At Simcoe Place Health Clinic, our Registered Dietitian is trained to provide excellent advice on optimizing fitness, enhancing digestive health, managing chronic disease, and improving overall wellness and vitality through personalized nutrition.
What to Expect
During your initial assessment, our Registered Dietitian will review your medical history, lifestyle habits, diet history, food preferences and more to develop a personalized nutrition care plan. You will set realistic health and wellness goals to define the direction for your plan, and will be provided with simple action steps and supporting resources to help you reach them.
At follow-up sessions, the dietitian will track your progress and together you will make adjustments to the plan as necessary to keep you moving forward.
Why a Registered Dietitian?
Our Registered Dietitian is a board-certified, licensed practitioner with a Master of Health Science degree in Nutrition. Regulated by the College of Dietitians Ontario, a dietitian must adhere to quality standards of practice, remain relevant on current research in health and nutrition, and provide recommendations that are evidence-based and client-centered. During your meetings, our dietitian will break down the latest evidence for you, and provide you with realistic recommendations to suit your lifestyle and needs.
Common Areas of Counselling
- Eating for Exercise and Sport Performance (recreational and competitive)
- Sports nutrition
- Body composition change (fat loss, muscle gain)
- Digestive Health (irregularity, gas, bloating, diarrhea, constipation, acid reflux, IBS, IBD)
- Heart disease, high cholesterol, or high blood pressure
- Diabetes or high blood sugar
- Low iron or anemia
- Osteoporosis or low bone density
- Mental health (nutritional therapy for depression, anxiety)
- Special diets (Keto, intermittent fasting, paleo)
- Vegetarian or vegan nutrition
- Healthy Eating and Lifestyle
- Sustainable Weight Loss