Immune Boosting Foods
Nutritious foods are a great way to assist your body in staying healthy. Here is a list of immune boosting foods that can help prevent you from getting sick this season:
- Dark leafy greens – These are packed with vitamin C – a vitamin that enhances white blood cell activity and possesses anit-viral properties. Vitamin C also has a role in reducing cancer rate, protects against pollution and cigarette smoke, and even increases life expectancy. They are a definite MUST during cold and flu season.
- Nuts and Seeds – Full of zinc, which play a vital role in many reactions in the body. Specifically, it increases T-cell activity and overall immune system functioning as well as having anti-viral activity.
- Fish—Salmon, mackerel and herring are rich in vitamin D, a vitamin which can up-regulate your disease fighting potential. They are also rich in Omega-3 fatty acids which have a huge role in reducing inflammation, and improving auto-immune conditions.
- Garlic and Onions—These have anti microbial, anti-viral and anti fungal properties, which fight infections and bacteria. Sautee them with your favourite foods to give yourself extra protection
We offer a variety of services to help your immune system
- FREE flu vaccinations
- IV Therapy—this involves administering high dose vitamins, minerals, botanicals or homeopathics directly into the bloodstream.
- Acupuncture & Traditional Chinese Medicine—this practice focuses on health promotion, illness prevention and treatment through natural remedies such as acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine and tuina massage.
- Naturopathic Medicine—based on preventative care, promoting the natural healing abilities of the body and treating the underlying cause of illness.
Boost your immune system with these supplements:
- Thymus Spray- This innovative liquid extract is designed to help you boost your immune system and ward off illness.
- Zinc Lozenges- Our Zinc lozenges are a great natural way to relieve your pain as well as shorten the length of your cold.
- Immune Herbs- This highly purified combination is formulated to promote the body’s natural defenses.
To book a FREE CONSULTATION with one of our practitioners: