Fall Superfood: Pumpkin
Halloween is almost here— time to pick out the biggest and best pumpkin to bring home to carve. Did you know that pumpkins are also extremely good for you too?
Here are some healthy facts about pumpkins:
- Pumpkins are low in calories
- Full of antioxidants
- An anti-inflammatory
- Full of vitamin C, which means they can help to boost your immune system and enhances collagen reproduction which leaves your face glowing
- A great source of fiber
- Pumpkin seeds are very high in protein
- The pulp and seeds are rich in magnesium which is good for bone and tooth health
- It’s one of the vegetables with the highest amount of Vitamin A. A cup of pumpkin contains more than 200 percent of your daily Vitamin A
- Very rich in minerals like copper, calcium, potassium and phosphorus
Not not only are pumpkins amazingly healthy, they taste great too! Here are some simple recipes to help you enjoy pumpkin:
At Simcoe Place Health Clinic we have a Naturopathic Doctor who can provide advice on nutrition, food and healthy eating choices to help you look good and feel great. To book a consultation with our Naturopathic Doctor click here.