Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
By Dr. Tamarah Chaddah, Naturopathic Doctor
I love this recipe by Lucy Waverman and have been recommending it to many of my weight loss patients who are looking for a different way to spice up their veggies!
This roasted cauliflower recipe is an excellent source of vitamin C, and with immune boosting properties, eating cauliflower will help you stay healthy this cold and flu season.
- 1 head cauliflower, 3 lbs (1.5 kg)
- ¼ cup (60 mL) olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup (125 mL) chopped arugula
- ½ cup (125 mL) chopped watercress
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chopped garlic
- 2 tsp (10 mL) grated lemon zest
- ½ cup (125 mL) olive oil
- ½ cup (125 mL) shredded Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Remove core from cauliflower, carefully leaving head intact. Place in an oiled cake pan. Pour olive oil over cauliflower and use a brush to work into cracks. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer goes easily through the head.
- Pulse together arugula, watercress, garlic and lemon zest in food processor. While running, add oil. Remove from food processor and stir in half of Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper. Pour vinaigrette over cauliflower and top with remaining cheese. Garnish with extra watercress. Cut into slices (like a cake) and serve warm.
Want to take cauliflower to the next level? Try our cauliflower popcorn recipe.
For a free consultation on weight loss planning, or other nutritional insights, contact us.